Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Class of 2011

It's that time of the year again, convo time for many IPTs. Last week UKM had their's. Next week UM pulak. To my dearest cousin Chiyan, congratulations atas kejayaan, the first (and certainly not the last) of the 6028ians to do so, with more to come. To sport science students...this is the beginning, never the end, congratulations to all of you!! Selamat menempuh alam pekerjaan pulak lepas nih...muahaha!

As for meself, was inspired tgk Chiyan trying on the robes in her FB pics. My dearest friend, Dr. Fuadah pun dengan baik hatinye picked me (and the baby's bassinet) up smlm for our own robing process..still tak teruja lagi nak g convo, may be when the time nears nanti kot. Or maybe sebab kitorang (or is it just me) dah tak berapa nak muda dah baru settle study ni...tak taulah...all I know is it is a bit anti-climax. Don't get me wrong people...I am forever indebted to all my supporters, especially on their du'as for me without which I will never have made it through, but spending all those time, across two continents, with all the drama that a person could handle...just getting the letter saying that the "Senate agrees to award" moi pun dah cukup dah rasanya...

So why am I doing the convo thingy again? you ask? Mostly to meraikan the effort and belief, the faith that my husband and parents had in me, to salute my fellow graduands, the academic fraternity, hopefully to motivate my sibs and inspire my children...education is a lifelong process, we are being educated still every second of our lives...choose education !!

I always loved the movie "Gladiator", so to all the graduands of Class 2011 wherever you are, we salute you! To my own clan, Strength and Honour!

No comments: