Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday bloody Sunday

As I was sitting here, in my room on a balmy Sunday afternoon looking out the window, my mind was wandering up and over the canopy of trees. The light rain just stopped, showering the parched surrounding, making the trees and grass greener and more fragrant with a little wash... Nothing special was today, just a normal Sunday afternoon...abang is away in Kuala, anchaq is away at school, najiha is sleeping in the crib, the house is quiet. The INTAN bus just pulled up in front, trying to manouver around the annoyingly parked cars to enter the gates, the rain just started pouring again...

It is actually quite a rare Sunday, as it is a peaceful one. My Sundays are usually packed with stuffs to do, so, to be able to sit in a quiet house is actually something of a luxury. Next week is the Eid Al Adha, on a Sunday and Najiha's aqiqah event, so that is a busy Sunday right there. The week after is my nephew's wedding in Kuala, on a Sunday following the Nikah ceremony on the subsequent Friday...looking forward to that, its been awhile since I've attended a wedding...

As the rain pours, becoming heavier this time round, I am reminded of the fact that what luxury Sundays have become, a day usually reserved for rest and regenerate to prepare for the coming working week. The same goes to my life as well, there is no rest for the weary, or so the say. I thought with no thesis to write, my life would return to its normal pace again but what is normal? My life is fervently changed, I may never be able to reclaim that life back, but question is, do I want my old life back? On the other hand, I am rather looking forward to live a new life ahead of me, together with the rest of my family, a new beginning..I am supposed to move to my new room at the new office building, actually looking forward to redecorate that room! Yeay! So that is it people, enjoy this Sunday, while we still can.....

1 comment:

M-O-M said...

indeed, doing nothing on weekends have become a luxury!

muahs to najiha or che put! saaaaaadah