Thursday, March 29, 2007

Al Fatihah


Yesterday has been unbelievable. Unbelievably hot, unbelievably uplifting as well as unbelievably sad. Pagi morning pg get the check, so finally it is here, uplifting a bit (what with all the 'commitments' an all) but still tak leh clearkan lagi...a bit sad. The saddest part of the day was the passing of my dearest cousin, Cik Asem as he was fondly called. He was the hubby of my own cousin, Kak Ipah. Kak Ipah saw all of us growing up, and we were very close as she lived with our family almost half of her adult life. When I got the call from Adi at 1330 yesterday, I was mildly surprised. I know all along that Cik Asem was warded kat HKL, so I thought that there are somethings that I could for them, from my end at least. I was not prepared however to hear that 'babah dah tak ada". How surreal is that? How sorry I was now that I had been putting off my visit to the hospital..? He has a heart condition, yes, but he was warded for an ortho complications. There are so many things....that we wish, but it does not matter now... He has got the long rest he so deserved at long last, no more pain. To Kak Ipah, Adi, Diyad, Raikhan, Kak Aini, & Azian as well as the rest of us, the ones who were left behind are those hurting the most. Tiadalah yang lebih cantik kecuali sabar dan bertawakkal. This only reminds us that we have purposes to be fulfilled as best as we could before our own time comes. Al-Fatihah untuk Cik Asem. Semoga rohnya ditempatkan bersama roh orang-orang beriman yang lainnya.

No comments: